Hey, if you’re wondering why you’re looking at a flashing animation of a scantily clad lady wearing a party hat (shout to Miss Jessy for that btw), it is because we are celebrating the 25th episode of the Adventures of Soul Clap Podcast. Wow, 25 episodes… not bad for our first year, thats 2 and 1/12th episodes per month! Looking back, we’ve proudly hosted some amazing guests and definitely had some awesome mixes of our own. So thanks to all who contributed and of course to our growing subscribers, its been an honor to share the web-waves with all of you. Anyways, here ya go, episode 25.
According to wikipedia, the word “Charlie” is a nickname for Charles, which is Germanic in origin and means “free-man”. The name Charlie may also refer to: The letter C in the NATO phonetic alphabet and FAA aviation phonetic letters, Charlie, short for “Victor Charlie”, or VC, military slang for the Viet Cong, Charlie class submarines of the Soviet Navy, Charlie (parrot), the name of a pet possibly owned by Winston Churchill, Charlie (band), a British rock band in the 1980s, “Charlie” (song), a song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Charlie the Tuna, the cartoon mascot for StarKist Tuna, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a series of novels and films, and their main character, Charlie Bucket, Charlie’s Angels and the unseen boss, Charles “Charlie” Townsend, Charlie Dog, Chuck Jones’ late 1940s cartoon character, CharlieCard, a smart card used for electronic ticketing by the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Charlie, a fragrance sold by Revlon, a cosmetics company, “Charlie X“, an episode of the original Star Trek series, Charlie, an album by the band Melt-Banana, The Charles S. Roberts Award, nicknamed Charlie in the wargaming hobby, “Charlie“, a 2004 episode of The Mighty Boosh, “The MTA Song” aka “Charlie on the MTA and of course, slang for cocaine.
Last Wednesday at Phoenix Landing, however, Charlie just so happened to be the first name of both DJs, Cnyce and Caseroc, who played together for the first ever “Go Chuck Yourself” party. The music that night was nasty, and Cnyce’s opening performance set a vibe we felt worthy of podcasting for you.
1. Brothers Vibe – The Difference (The Dif Mix)
2. Two Armadillos – Butterfly Bee (Andomat 3000 & Jan Iwanitz Remix)
3. Onur Ozer – Orion
4. Mountain People – Mountain 005.2
5. Ricardo Villalobos – Farenzer House
6. Modeste vs. Soulinterface – Stronger
7. Prosumer and Murat Tepeli Feat Elif Bicer – Turn Around (Cassysmoothmix)
8. Tim Ryan – Agnus Dei (Soul Clap Remix)
9. Kabale und Liebe & Daniel Sanchez – Mumbling Yeah (Marco Carola Kick Rmx)
10. Villalobos – Fizheuer Zieheuer Pt. 1
11. Dominik Eulberg – Lowenzahn-Luftwaffe
12. Layo & Bushwacka – Life2Live (Loco Dice Remix)
13. Craig Torrance & Philip Hochstrate – Two Face (Funk D’Void Remix)
14. Dole & Kom – Remind Me (Monoroom Remix)