While the year’s not quite over and you can expect a couple more posts and podcasts before all is said and done, right now seems as good a time as any to look back on the year that was 2007. It was a big year for us and we hope you were there to share some of the memories, but in case you missed out or forgot, here’s how it went in the first (almost) year of the Soul Clap blog:
- We kicked it all off in March with the Cnyce camera phone report of W.M.C. set the bar high with our first ROOTS&FUTURE on Larry Heard and mixTAPE time on DJ Garth and we also had our first minifunk party.
- In April we kicked the Adventures of Soul Clap Podcast into high gear with 4 Episodes (including 2 of my personal favs: Loves The Acieeed and Great White Hope II) and led up to our Demon Days/Carl Craig show with the epic 4 part Techno Week series.
- May saw the birth of the NINETIES series with features on Strictly Rhythm (before Defected rebirthed it), Subliminal Records (before it was super cheesy) and Armand Van Helden (before he was a superstar), we also partied hard at minifunk2 and our Alix Alvarez show at Redline and had some more serious Podcast action, including our mix of house classics live on WHRB,
- June was party time with our first Dancig On The Charles, our Peanut Butter Wolf show at GoodLife and our tour in France kicking off the summer on the right foot.
- In July we podcasted and posted pics from Monaco & Monegros, did one of our best ROOTS&FUTUREs on Hollis P. Monroe and went crazy at D.O.T.C.2.
- With the summer in full swing, August was a slow month on the blog, but we still held it down with 2 great podcasts from Paulo and Sergio and 2 Daft Punk related ROOTS&FUTUREs, oh yeah and don’t forget D.O.T.C.3.
- Unofficial Boston House/Techno Week was in the middle of September so most of our month focused on that with podcasts and parties with Italoboyz, Pig&Dan and Jon Cutler. It started out a little disappointing, but ended on a high note with 07’s final installment of D.O.T.C. As if that wasn’t enough to keep us super busy, we also moved our studio and Cnyce saw Stevie Wonder.
- October seems like yesterday so you probably know what went down (hint: magazine covers, Israeli & Little White podcasts, Felix The Housecat on Halloween and our first track released).
- Aahh November, we barely knew ya, but Aaron Dae made you a month to remember on the podcast.
- And that brings us to now, December, which has already seen the announcement of our new techno residency, part 1 of a new NINETIES series on Relief Records and a review of our Pool Night remix on Little White Earbuds, but only gets better with our first original EP set to drop on December 27th on Istmo Music plus wild and crazy New Year’s Eve festivities and unannounced surprises.
We’ll be back so soon with our top tunes of ’07 chart and podcast plus a look ahead to 2008.