Snoop does house on his new single: Sexual Eruption
Hope you enjoyed the fresh dose of 90’s house/technoness last week. Things are crazy busy on the mothership these days, so posts and podcasts have been tough to come by, but don’t worry we’ll keep the goodies (and there are alot of ’em in the works) coming just as fast as we can. For now here’s a quick update on what’s going on in our galaxy.
But before we get to the official transmission let’s start with that Snoop Dogg video up there. If you had asked me my thoughts about Snoop a couple months back I already would have told you that the Doggfather is probably the most underrated musician of the 00’s. It seems that just because he is such a pop icon people totally underestimate his music, but check 04’s R&G or 06’s Blue Carpet Treatment and you’ll find a unique sound that bridges the gap between 80’s funk and r&b and future hip-hop, soul and electronic and sets Snoop apart from any other artists of today. Like those albums weren’t enough, his new single explores unexplored territories for Snoop with it’s balearic house strings while taking the funk/r&b throwback to the next level (especially in the video) and the result is an absolute masterpiece. Now back to our regularly scheduled program:
- Little White Earbuds reviews our remix of Pool Night. Thanks Steve! P.S. there’s also an exclusive promo mixtape by Jahcoozi over there, that includes Bald & The Beautiful’s (aka Tanner Ross & Matty Diamond) phenomenal remix of Double Barrel Name as well as one of my favorite tracks off Blue Carpet Treatment (see above).
- djelyte reviews Pig&Dan’s album for Boston’s Weekly Dig. Thanks Dave Day!
- We have a brand new TECHNO residency, every Wednesday at Phoenix Landing. And it’s 19+ so it’s for the kids. Thanks Pat & Sergio!
- Our dude Metalwing just launched a brand new site with all his super precise space art and design work all over it. Make sure to checkcheck. It was good to see you to homeslice!
- Finally on a more serious note, one of the most important men in disco and garage, Mel Cherin passed away this weekend and TJ Gorton over at American Athlete had 2 exceptional tribute posts that help keep his memory alive. Make sure to learn your history here and here.